Under Rydon Hill

Welcome to this blog about my time away from the tedium of domestic management. Once called "Tits and Things", now sub-titled "Life in Quantoxia", there's plenty of bird ringing (90%), some odd bits of general birding, some local steam trains, some personal bits and occasional 'away days' in other parts of Britain. Rydon Hill overlooks the lower valley of the Doniford Stream, where most of these activities take place.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

End of an era

My faithful (no longer) Sony Digicube 3-band radio, model ICF-102L, serial number 1098257, has bitten the dust.


"She" has been with me at three houses, in three counties, and was in 'her' 30th year! I can't remember how much I paid Currys for her; they were considered "de rigeur" in them days.

Fortunately for me, I have a replacement, in black, a similar, but later model, ICF-C102L, which now adorns the kitchen shelf. As this was in the bedroom, I have had to replace it and I went forth in the pouring rain and purchased a "new fangled" Roberts DAB/FM radio with snooze control.

Aah! Progress!      

Postscript: 

I was probably that Andrew Marr that finished her off, poor soul!     

No comments:

Post a Comment