The forthcoming county atlas , that is!
Saw this flapping in the net - what a surprise when I approached. This is not only a garden tick, a ringing tick, a tetrad tick but a 10km tick as well! Having avoided too much skin damage, the next job was to break out the B+ string from the 'stock box'.
![]() | |||
| Hawfinch 4F |
Other birds caught this morning = 9 (5):
Blue Tit 3 - ad female * 1st 2 juvs of the year
Great Tit 1 - breeding female (6)
Great Tit 1 - breeding female (6)
Robin 1 (2) - 2 youngsters & female
House Sparrow 1 (2) - youngster & 2 old males
Greenfinch 1 - 3jM
Goldfinch (1) - male
Siskin 1 - youngster
Hawfinch 1 PS. We've had 66mm of rain this week! Today was the first really dry day with less wind.

Nice one E. Is that a 3J?
ReplyDeleteNo - an adult female. Juvs have a speckled head and barred breast without black chin.
ReplyDeleteWow, I bet that a surprise. I would certainly like a surprise like that!
ReplyDelete