Because we are some £25K short of the agreed price at the moment, we have agreed to rent the place for up to 6 months. To remove the property from the open market we have to pay 1% of the selling price up front.
Our carpet man will do upstairs the day after we move out, and our agent reckons he will find a buyer for us shortly thereafter, as the place will be newly decorated and vacant for early possesion.
This does mean that we will not be able to get on with the necessary upgrading of the property, but we will be able to suss out the local tradesmen and get specs and quotes sorted. Hopefully, by the spring, we will be "in business".
I shall be wanting to thicken up a hedge and add some new stock to the orchard; this will become my new ringing site. At present I have no idea were else I will be able to ring but I shall be speaking to my contacts soonest. From 2009 county ringing data, it seems that Somerset is similar in many ways to Bedfordshire, with new species such as Pied Fly and Siskin more abundant, more waders and gulls but fewer wildfowl.
I hope there'll be plenty of these "nettle peggies" about.
We have set a date for moving - but we're keeping 'shtoom' about it for a bit. It'll be sudden!
Never fear, we will be back!!


A couple of "sixties" straight down the middle should sort it, you don't need anything else but a brew cabin.
ReplyDelete... and that's just off to the right, Phil. With lecky!
ReplyDelete